The National Wildlife Federation is seeking an Agriculture Program Coordinator to join our staff in DC. This is an entry level position that will provide administrative and programmatic support for all aspects NWF’s Agriculture Program work, which includes wildlife-friendly agriculture, bioenergy, cover crops, and grasslands.
Successful candidate will:
- Take the lead in keeping our web page updated and in maintaining a blog on our work
- Assist in research on agriculture and bioenergy issues, develop fact sheets, white papers, and other educational materials
- Assist with media and communications, administer and moderate listservs, and participate in coalition meetings and activities.
- Help to organize and plan meetings and events, including taking a leading role in organizing the America’s Grasslands Conference, a 250 person biennial conference about the conservation of grassland ecosystems
- Take a lead role in grant tracking and reporting, including helping to write grant reports and monitoring budgets.
- Depending on interest, there will also likely be opportunities for the Coordinator to build out areas of work on cover crops, grasslands, bioenergy, agriculture conservation policy, or other related issues.
- A four year degree in policy, natural resources, communications, or agriculture
- At least one year professional experience in policy, communications, or natural resources and a basic understanding of U.S. Agriculture and interest in wildlife conservation and sustainable agriculture
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, research skills, ability to translate complex information into publicly accessible forms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be a self-starter
The National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. MORE