American Farmland Trust‘s Mission (www.farmland.org)
To save the land that sustains us by protecting farmland, promoting sound farming practices, and keeping farmers on the land
Duties and Responsibilities
The Water Resources Specialist position offers an exciting opportunity to help build AFT’s water-related programs across the country. This early career- to mid-level professional will work with the Water Initiative Director, along with AFT staff in regional offices, other National Initiative teams, and external partners and consultants, to ensure successful implementation and evaluation of multiple projects such as outcomes quantification, watershed, and market-based projects. The Specialist will conduct research, writing, and editing of several white papers. The Specialist will provide oversight to track progress on project workplans and budgets. The Specialist will also assist in fundraising.
Specific position responsibilities include:
• Conduct research, writing, and editing for reports, white papers, and peer-reviewed manuscripts comparing water quality and climate quantification tools; describing methods to evaluate their environmental, social, and economic outcomes; and analyzing corporate sustainability supply chain programs.
• Coordinate activities for multiple projects with the Water Initiative Director and with on-the-ground staff to track progress on project deliverables (e.g., improving water quality at the watershed-scale, measuring environmental, social, and economic outcomes associated with “soil health practices”, designing environmental markets).
• Analyze farm conservation practice data, social survey data, and water quality data generated by the projects to evaluate achievement of goals, track project/on-the-ground progress, and to aid in adaptive management.
• Provide additional support to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Water Initiative, e.g., grant reporting, budget management.
• Represent AFT externally with stakeholders through presentations at conferences.
The Specialist can be based within the AFT main office in Washington, D.C. or within driving distance of an AFT field office. Annual evaluations will be based on specific performance benchmarks.
link to the job description and application website: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/226297/American-Farmland-Trust/Water-Resource-Specialist