The Department of Plant and Soil Sciences at Oklahoma State University is seeking applicants for an 11-month, tenure-track, 75% extension and 25% research position to lead in planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs to meet the needs of producers for improving existing production systems and adopting new cropping systems technologies, with initial emphasis on the transfer of canola production technologies to Oklahoma stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be actively engaged in training and support of Extension and industry personnel and will be expected to interact with state and federal agency personnel as necessary. Participation in Plant and Soil Sciences departmental Extension efforts is essential, and utilization of web-based and innovative information delivery methods is preferred. The position will require development of an applied field research and demonstration program and periodic impact assessment of Extension activities.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Ph.D. in Crop Science, Agronomy, or closely related field with major emphasis on cropping systems evidence of ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with Extension and agribusiness personnel,
- Ability to develop proposals to seek outside funding for program support, v) ability to conduct
- An effective applied research program in support of extension activities, and vi) skills regarding
- The effective use of electronic media in education and communication of technical information.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous experience in Extension and/or outreach activities,
- Research experience
- Evidence of the ability to publish and secure extramural funding.
Competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Hiring contingent upon available funding.
November 17, 2014, or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Date Position Available:
Jan 03, 2015.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, official transcripts, and arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to: Tina Johnson, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, Oklahoma State University, 368 Ag Hall, Stillwater, OK 74078-6028, Phone: 405-744-6130 Fax: 405-744-0354. Email: email@example.com.
Applicants will be considered without discrimination for any non-merit reason such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Oklahoma State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. The OSU-Stillwater campus is tobacco-free.